Thursday, December 21, 2017

And my heart beats louder than death...

I think my life will be a constant war
Between love and uncontainable joy
And empty shells peeling and floating away
But my heart beats louder than death
The life and passion that spark at my fingertips
Brighter than the afterlife bleeding into my vision
My arms will be strong from carrying my pain
And my heart will beat louder than death

I will dance with every swirl and twist of my soul
And I will cry harder than I ever thought possible
I will create and I will break and I will hurt
I will love and I will inspire and I will burn with the force of a thousand suns
And my heart will beat louder than death

I have only been on earth a short time
But thirty years feels like fifty
And through the agony and misery
I have walked, crawled when I must,
To this moment, this point in my life
Where I can finally hear the whisper of my breath
Feel the warmth in my veins
Appreciate the strength of my body
And hear my heart beat louder than death...

No comments:

Post a Comment

confused and composed

I know you are not good for me...But it's worse without you...even when I don't want you...I end up needing you...you are my favouri...